Hank Wesselman, PhD
Hank holds advanced degrees in anthropology and zoology. He served in the US Peace Corps, living and working among people of the Yoruba tribe in Western Nigeria, where he first became interested in indigenous spiritual traditions. He has conducted field research with an international group of scientists, exploring eastern Africa's Great Rift Valley in search of answers to the mystery of human origins. His scientific investigations have allowed him to spend much of his life living and working with traditional peoples, rarely, if ever, visited by outsiders.
In addition to his published scientific papers and monographs in paleoanthropology, his books concerned with the evolution of consciousness include Spirit Medicine: Healing in the Sacred Realms (with Jill Kuykendall), The Journey to the Sacred Garden, as well as his autobiographical trilogy: Spiritwalker, Medicinemaker, and Visionseeker.
Hank Wesselman's website: www.sharedwisdom.com
Keynote: The Transformational Community: Science, Spirituality and an Emerging Worldview
Saturday, March 29 - 9:15am to 10:15am
An important subculture is emerging, one in which approximately 60-70 million people in the US and another 90-100 million in Britain and Europe hold a mosaic of beliefs, values and trends that differ from those of the general public. Science and spirituality are being drawn together in response, and a new spiritual complex is taking form in the West. That complex involves a phenomenon that mirrors the emergence of monotheism 2000 years ago and a phenomenon that utterly changed the Roman world as well as the Western mind thereby creating the reality that we live in today. We now appear to be standing on a similar threshold.
• To understand the emergence of a new important subculture in the West,
• To perceive how this information impacts on the socio-political matrix of Western Society as it is changing, and
• To provide mental health professionals with enhanced tools for psycho-spiritual counseling and practice.
Workshop: Awakening the Evolutionary Sleepers
Saturday, March 29 - 10:45am to 12 noon
Many have observed that that there are countless numbers of 'evolutionary sleepers' at large in the main stream of humanity. Each of us contains within ourselves an extraordinary biological-energetic program that can reveal who and what we may all become as the human species continues its ascent toward the culmination of our evolution. When that program on our inner hard drive, our DNA, is double-clicked with the right mouse, consciousness may expand dramatically, granting us access to true transpersonal levels of awareness and experience.
• To understand the difference between illusion (created) and reality (perceived),
• To gain an enhanced perspective of indigenous ways of inducing and experiencing transpersonal awareness, and
• To comprehend how this awareness may enhance psycho-spiritual evolution and psychological counseling in the West today.